**Articles may contain links that I earn compensation for if clicked and you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings do not actually impact the price of the product or service.
A person’s best thinking seems to happen in the shower. According to John Kounios, a psychologist at Drexel University in Philadelphia, people become less aware of their environment and more aware of their internal thoughts when they are in a shower.
However, creativity thrives in a clean and serene environment. So, if you want to enjoy the momentum of hitting with the flashes of brilliance, it’s crucial to keep your bathroom tidy, and cleaning the textured shower floor is an inevitable part of the job.
Indeed, cleaning the bathroom floor may sometimes look hassle-some, but this post aims to make it easy.
Keep reading and find out how to clean a dirty textured shower floor with little effort.
Cleaning a Textured Shower Floor: 7 Easy Hacks
Below are seven efficient and affordable hacks to clean dirty shower floors.
The White Vinegar Method
Did you know that the white vinegar on your kitchen shelf is a fantastic cleaning agent? Its robust acetic acid solution dissolves bacteria, grease, grime, dirt, and mineral deposits. However, if you are unsure how to use white vinegar to clean shower floors, here’s the way out.
- Mix half a cup of white vinegar with one-liter warm water
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle
- Spray thoroughly on the dirty shower floor and leave for 30 minutes
- Scrub the floor and rinse with clean water
Your job is done! The white vinegar technique will leave your shower floor as good as new. Besides, it will keep your shower clean and smell fresh.
This trick can do wonders if your shower floor has accumulated ornery soap scum. This is how you can apply mineral oil to clean textured shower floors.
Pour 1/4 warm water and 3/4 mineral oil into a bowl.
- Use the mixture to coat the floor evenly.
- Take a hard sponge and scrub in circular motions. Ensure to use slight pressure.
- Once the scrubbing is done, rinse the shower floor with warm water.
The mineral oil effectively loosens the soap scum, making it easier to remove.
You can also add a few drops of vinegar to the warm water for better results while rinsing the oil. However, don’t miss to rinse thoroughly as remaining oil can increase the chances of falls.
Fabric Softener Technique
Yes, you read that correctly! You can use the fabric softener to clean your shower floor.
- Pour hot water (one cup) into a spray bottle.
- Add half a cup of fabric softener to the hot water.
- Spray the solution on the stuck-on gunk.
- Leave it for 30–35 minutes.
- Take a wet sponge and give it a little elbow grease.
- Rinse nicely with water.
This method can clean the shower floor, stall, glass shower doors, textured fiberglass surfaces, and glass shower walls. You will get satisfactory results.
The Baking Soda Method
A pinch of baking soda can work like magic erasers when cleaning a textured shower floor. You can use this to clean dirt and mineral builds on shower floors.
- Take one cup of water and add five to six tablespoons of baking soda to make a thick paste.
- Take an old toothbrush and gently scrub the paste through the textured floor of your bathroom.
- Once scrubbing is done, wash thoroughly.
Remember that any abrasive scouring pad or scraper may harm your textured bathroom floor. Therefore, you should always avoid using them for scrubbing. This solution is also suitable for cleaning bathtubs, shower walls, shower stalls, and shower doors.
The Kosher Salt Technique
Kosher salt is a fantastic cleaning agent and germ killer.
To make the most out of the kosher salt method, you need to apply it this way.
- Take four to five tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Mix warm water and the kosher salt in a bowl.
- Pour down the mixture thoroughly through the textured floor of the shower.
- Leave it for five to ten minutes.
- Keep scrubbing gently until the grease and dirt dissolve.
- Rinse well with regular water.
The kosher salt method efficiently freshens your bathroom and frees it from dirt, soap scum, hard water stains, and crude. Besides, you can also use this solution to clean textured fiberglass surfaces.
Grapefruit and Salt
One medium to large grapefruit can clean your shower floor and other fixtures effortlessly. So, you shouldn’t hesitate to turn them into your cleaning companion.
All that you need to do is:
- Get a grapefruit in half and cut it in half
- Squeeze the juice into a cup Sprinkle the juice on the surface with salt
- Wet your shower floor
- Take one half and start to scrub the floor with it
- Once it’s used, take the other half and repeat scrubbing
- You can use the rind in the stubborn areas
- Once done, rinse away the pulpy bits
This method is also effective for cleaning toilets, tiles, sinks, glass doors, tubs, etc.
All-Purpose Cleaning Products
You have a relatively easy solution if you don’t find DIY interesting. Many efficient all-purpose bathroom cleaning products are available in the market.
They can effectively remove hard water deposits, grime, soap scums, hard water stains, etc. Besides, they leave your bathroom with a gentle and pleasant smell.
You can get a good all-purpose cleaning product from your local store or order it online. When you have one handy, you need to follow the instructions on the container and clean it.
However, it would be best to always consider buying products free of harsh chemicals like chlorine and ammonia. These chemicals can damage your respiratory airways, eyes, and skin.
How to Keep Safe When Cleaning
Now that you know the best shower floor cleaning hacks, here’s something that you need to keep in mind while carrying out the job.
Your shower floor is one place you can find harmful germs and bacteria. Whichever method you apply, don’t forget to put on rubber gloves.
If mold accumulates, don’t forget to wear a face mask, as molds are not good for your respiratory system.
Also, while natural cleaning methods like baking soda vinegar, grapefruit, kosher salt, fabric softener, mineral oil, etc., are free from side effects, the chemicals may come with a few side effects.
So, while buying them, read their labels well, and if required, use safety masks and glasses to keep the entire session safe. Besides, never mix chemicals and natural cleaners.
The suggested tricks can be a life saver as they don’t require much effort. Besides, they help you save money on professional cleaning and still get satisfactory results. Therefore, don’t hesitate to try them out in your next cleaning session.