**Articles may contain links that I earn compensation for if clicked and you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings do not actually impact the price of the product or service.
If you love a good beer while relaxing at home, there is no better way to enjoy one that from a beer keg refrigerator, or kegerator as they are known. You get to stay true to your roots, and it is cheaper and more convenient than buying six-packs.
Beer is man’s oldest recipe, and dates as far back as ancient Mesopotamia. The slaves who built the pyramids would receive up to 5 liters of the frothy stuff a day to keep them nourished and mellow.
Since then, beer has become a way of life. Europe was the undisputed powerhouse of beer brewing until German immigrants brought with them fresh ideas to America.
We have compiled this list of the best beer keg refrigerators to help you set up your very own draft beer dispensing system at home.
|Top Top Top||EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||EdgeStar KC1000SS Craft Brew Kegerator for 1/6 Barrel and Cornelius Kegs||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||EdgeStar KC2000TWIN Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser - Black||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenser||Check Lowest Price|
|Top Top Top||Homecraft Black Stainless Steel Full-Size Kegerator Draft Beer Dispenser & Beer Cooler, Spring-Loaded Tap Dispenser, Holds 1/6, 1/4, 1/2 Barrels, 2.5-Pound CO2 Tank, Single Meter Regulator||Check Lowest Price|
7 Best Kegerators in 2020
If you like having friends over to enjoy a game or just love a cold one after (or during) work, these kegerators will ensure that every sip is fresh and crispy for far longer.
EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator – Top Pick
The KC2000 is an easy candidate as our top pick. It offers the best value for money with its classic design full of all the necessary features and components.
It features a single beer faucet, a digital thermostat, and is available in a stainless steel finish model.
- Dimensions: 25.7 x 20.2 x 35.1 inches.
- Weight: 81.6 pounds.
- Capacity: One full-size ½ barrel keg, or one ¼ keg barrel pony, or two sixth barrel kegs/ Cornelius Homebrew kegs.
- Stainless steel column draft tower.
- Chrome-plated brass faucet.
- Single gauge beer regulator.
- 5ft 3/16 inch beer line.
- 5-pound aluminum carbon dioxide tank.
- Spanner faucet wrench.
- Two-piece drip tray.
- Reversible door.
- Large size capacity can fit a full-size keg.
- Premium quality components.
- Reversible door allows you to place it anywhere in your home.
- It can use an internal or external CO2 tank.
- Slim design saves space.
- Digital thermostat allows you to control the temperature from 34F/20C to the mid-forties.
- It won’t fit oversized kegs such as those from Coors, Miller, or rubberized kegs.
- The hardware used can be a headache. For instance, the brass faucets tend to stick with malty beers.
Despite its few weaknesses, the EdgeStar KC2000 is undoubtedly one of the best beer keg refrigerators available. It is very affordable, and it will cool your draft beer perfectly. You can order yours here on Amazon and transform how you serve your beer.
Also Read: Best Office Chair Under $200
Kegco K309SS-2 Kegerator – Best Premium Choice
The Kegco K309SS-2 is the best choice in terms of quality. While it is not as affordable as many other models, it has the best features you need to draw that perfect beer.
Kegco is known for its impeccable quality. By using the best material for durability, the K309SS-2 is guaranteed to serve you and your sons for years on end.
- Dimensions: 23.7 x 23.7 x 33 inches.
- Weight: 96.8 pounds.
- Large capacity can hold one half barrel full-size keg (15.5 gal/50l), two quarter barrel Ponies (7.75gal), or one-quarter barrel and one-sixth barrel.
- Digital temperature control with the widest range: 32F/00C to 75F/230C for home brewing.
- Fan-forced cooling.
- 3″ draft tower with two chrome-plated faucets and brass lever.
- 5” beer line.
- D-system keg coupler.
- 5-pound aluminum carbon dioxide gas tank (CO2).
- Fitted with easy-roll casters.
- Large capacity.
- Convenient digital thermostat with the widest temperature range in the class.
- Dual faucets allow you to dispense two beers at the same time.
- It can also be used for home brewing.
- Easy transportation with its wheels.
- It comes with a drip tray.
- Chrome-plated brass faucets feel cheap. If you want to replace them with stainless steel models, make sure to purchase the right size as the shanks are not of a standard size.
- The tower does not feel firm on some units.
The Kegco K309SS-2 is more than a beer keg refrigerator. It is the perfect solution for pouring the perfect beer at home effortlessly and efficiently. Your friends and family will never cease to praise you once you get this amazing kegerator here on Amazon.
EdgeStar KC1000SS Craft Brew Kegerator – Best Budget Option
The EdgeStar KC1000SS is an affordable yet high-quality kegerator. It is the base model in an illustrious line that runs from the KC1000 to the KC7000 and comes with some premium features that make it perfect for home use.
Its biggest limitation is the size. It fits a sixth barrel keg or a Cornelius keg only. Everything else apart from that is of premium quality, including a stainless steel beer tower and faucet.
It also features a 2.5-pound CO2 gas that comes in empty, a digital thermostat for accurate control, and internal blue LED lighting. If you love to brew your own beer, you can also purchase a separate ball lock kegerator homebrew conversion kit.
- Type: freestanding.
- Dimensions: 33.25 x 17.5 x 18.25 inches.
- Weight: 63.8 pounds/28.9 kg.
- Capacity: One-sixth barrel keg or Cornelius keg.
- Stainless steel beer tower and chrome-plated brass faucet.
- One 2.5-pound carbon dioxide tank.
- Single gauge regulator.
- Stainless steel D-system Sankey coupler.
- 5ft 3/16 inch beer line and 5/15 inch gas line, both vinyl and NSF-approved.
- Digital thermostat with internal blue LED lighting.
- Ultra-low temperatures of up to 32F/00C without freezing.
- Internal circulation fan.
- Reversible door.
- Drip tray.
- Premium quality design and construction.
- Slim profile to save on space.
- Ultra-low temperatures without freezing, courtesy of a precise digital thermostat.
- The internal LED lighting is a nice touch.
- Excellent customer service from EdgeStar.
- The stainless steel draft tower is rust-proof and easy to clean.
- While it will fit most modern recyclable sixth barrel kegs, some are wider such as the Rehrig ‘pub kegs’ which make too tight a fit for a proper door lock.
- Many users report dented products on delivery, so make sure to inspect yours thoroughly.
Many budget products are liable to significant problems. However, the EdgeStar KC1000SS is a wonderful budget option for a home use kegerator. Its premium components ensure that you can get your draft beer at the perfect temperature.
KegCo Kegerator Commercial Three Keg Beer Cooler
If you entertain a lot or perhaps run a pub, the Kegco Commercial Kegerator is the perfect draft beer refrigerator. It is large enough to accommodate three full-size kegs or quarter barrel kegs, up to six-quarter slim-kegs, and up to 11 5-gallon kegs.
Aside from its large size, this kegerator also features two stainless steel towers; one with two faucets and one with a single faucet. It also has stainless steel walls and floor with a rubber mat to protect it from the heavy kegs.
Its digital thermostat allows you to adjust the beer temperature between 31F/-10C and 41F/90C. It makes use of an evaporator fan circulation system using ozone-friendly R134a refrigerant. It can also be used both as a free-standing and as an under-the-counter kegerator.
However, it doesn’t come with a direct draw kit. You either need to have one already or purchase it separately. The kit includes a cylinder (CO2), a regulator, compatible keg couplers, air line, and clamps.
- Dimensions: 36.2”H x 72”W x 24.5”D.
- Weight: 308 pounds/139.7 kg.
- Capacity: 3 full-size half-barrel kegs, 6 sixth barrel kegs, or 11 5-gallon kegs.
- Two stainless steel draft towers for dispensing up to three different beers.
- Digital temperature thermostat display and a manual dial with a range of 31F-41F.
- Stainless steel construction, including the walls and flooring.
- Evaporation refrigeration system using R13a refrigerant, which uses 25% less energy.
- Secure door locks and built-in drain trays.
- Interior lighting.
- Rubber floor mat.
- Large size accommodates up to three full-size kegs.
- It can dispense up to three types of beers simultaneously.
- Commercial quality construction makes it durable and low maintenance.
- It features storage racks for the storage of cans in the extra space.
- Precise temperature control with a wide range keeps beer at the perfect temperature.
- It can also be used under a countertop.
- It lacks caster wheels for ease of movement.
- It doesn’t come with a direct draw kit.
Investing in a commercial kegerator may be expensive at first, but it pays handsome dividends over the years. The Kegco Commercial Kegerator is perfect for hosting parties, or even for a pub. Anyone who wants complete satisfaction in how they serve their draft beer can order it here on Amazon.
EdgeStar KC2000TWIN Full-Size Dual Tap Kegerator
The EdgeStar KC2000TWIN is a variant of our top pick model with better features. For one, it features a dual tap so that you can dispense two beers simultaneously.
There is also another model called the KC2000SSTWIN that is made of stainless steel. It is more durable and resistant to rust or corrosion.
- Type: freestanding.
- Dimensions: 25.7 x 20.2 x 35.1 inches.
- Weight: 81.6 pounds/37 kg.
- Capacity: 1 full-size ½ barrel keg, 1 pony or slim pony keg, 2 sixth-barrel kegs, or 2 Cornelius Homebrew kegs.
- Analog thermostat with a range between low 30s to low 40s.
- Dual faucet stainless steel draft tower.
- D-system Sankey coupler.
- 5-pound aluminum carbon-dioxide tank.
- Single gauge regulator.
- Reversible door.
- Protective floor plate.
- Chrome-plated safety rail and tower.
- Dual faucet for dispensing more than one beer at once.
- Can accommodate a full-size half-barrel keg.
- Reliable, high-quality construction.
- Reversible door gives you more placement options.
- It comes with caster wheels for transportation.
- It won’t fit oversized half-barrel kegs, such as the rubberized models.
- Some stock components such as the beer lines are cheap in quality. You might have to replace them.
As far as cooling your keg beer goes, the EdgeStar KC2000TWIN is an excellent option. You can perfect it by carrying out a few modifications, but it should otherwise work perfectly.
The customer care team at EdgeStar is amazing and willing to help you work out any kinks. Get this kegerator here on Amazon and wow yourself with a perfectly chilled beer.
Sunpentown BD-0538 5L Mini Kegerator
If you’re looking for a compact countertop unit for home use, the Sunpentown BD-0538 mini is the perfect option. Designed to hold up to 5L kegs, it allows you to take your favorite draft beer perfectly chilled and true to taste.
This mini kegerator offers top-of-the-line quality and uses a CO2 cartridge pressure system to get out your favorite brew.
- Type: countertop.
- Dimensions: 16.3 x 10.7 x 16.9 inches.
- Weight: 17 pounds/7.7 kg.
- 16-gram non-threaded cartridge CO2 system.
- 5-liter keg capacity.
- Fan circulated air helps to keep the beer cool.
- The temperature range is 36F/40C to 53F/120C.
- Space efficient.
- It keeps beer at the right temperature.
- Perfect for pressurized kegs such as Heineken and New Castle and has an adapter for such.
- Top-quality construction.
- Easy to replace CO2 cartridges.
- It can be noisy at about 38dB.
- Cartridges don’t last long.
If you just want a small kegerator for home use at very affordable prices, this Sunpentown BD-0538 mini kegerator is just right. It lets you pour yourself a chilled drink effortlessly at any time.
However, you might need to pre-chill your 5L keg before placing it in this kegerator. Due to its small size, it takes longer to chill a fresh keg. If this is what you’re looking for, buy it here on Amazon.
HomeCraft BK49BS Black Stainless Steel Full-Size Kegerator
The HomeCraft BK49BS is a stylish full-size kegerator that is perfect for home and commercial use. It can hold one half-barrel keg or two sixth-barrels and features a single faucet mounted on a stainless steel draft tower.
It is designed for tough conditions such as rowdy parties, with sturdy couplers and a D-system Sankey single tap system.
- Capacity: 4.9 cubic feet holds one full-size keg or 2 ⅙ barrel kegs.
- The adjustable thermostat goes as low as 32F/00C.
- American domestic ‘D’ single tap system.
- Removable wire shelves to help chill other drinks.
- Easy-lock coupler locks securely with a simple push.
- Spring-loaded tap for easy pull-and-release operation.
- Equipped with 4 caster wheels.
- Stylish, seamless look with a recessed door handle.
- Easy to move around.
- Heavy-duty construction to last long despite heavy usage.
- Super easy to use.
- Its powerful cooling system goes as low as 32F.
- You can only dispense one beer type at a time.
If you’re a beer aficionado and are very particular about how you like it served, the HomeCraft BK49BS will satisfy your high demands. It is built to perfection and designed to last even the roughest use. If you like to make people happy at parties and leave them singing your name, get this kegerator here on Amazon.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Keg Beer Refrigerator
The capacity of your kegerator is the most important feature you need to consider. The most common ones can accommodate one normal full-size half-barrel keg, which translates to two sixth-barrels kegs. Commercial models can accommodate even three of these.
Smaller capacities are also available for one quarter barrel kegs, one sixth-barrel keg, and so on. You just need to choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Tapping and coupling system
Kegs use different couplers, depending on the manufacturers. Make sure that the kegerator you buy has a coupling system that is compatible with your favorite keg brand.
The system also determines the ease of use of the kegerator, as well as how secure the lock is. Some systems are European, but most follow American standards.
- Cooling system
Many kegerators use the same cooling systems as your typical fridge. However, some can achieve lower temperatures than others. Some also have a wider range to suit applications such as home brewing. Beer is best served at 32F-38F.
Kegerators are huge and take up a lot of space. It is important to consider how much space you have at home, then go for the model that will fit best by looking at its external dimensions.
You’re invariably going to want to take your kegerator into the porch or garden. Get a model with caster wheels for easy transportation. Some also feature heavy insulation to maintain internal temperature for longer.
- Is a kegerator a good investment?
If you’re a heavy drinker or entertain a lot of friends, a kegerator is one investment that you will never regret. Instead of buying endless six-packs and bottled beer, the much cheaper kegs of draft beer will keep many people entertained. After a few kegs, you will have recouped your initial investment.
- How long will a keg last in a kegerator?
Keg usually lasts up to three days unpreserved before it goes flat. In a good kegerator with a CO2 pressure tank, it can last six or 7 weeks. Nitrogen can let it last longer than that, up to three months.
- Why is your kegerator beer so foamy?
The reason why your beer is foamy is that it is not at the correct temperature. Usually, it is too foamy. Turn down the thermostat a few degrees, or consult the manufacturer for advice.
- How long will the CO2 tank last in a kegerator?
It depends on the capacity of the tank. A typical 20lb tank used only to draw the keg can last 44 days. A 5lb tank can last 30 5lb kegs. However, these are just approximations and can differ widely.
- Is keg cheaper than cans?
If you’re buying in bulk, a keg is cheaper than bottled beer and cans. This is especially true if you’re holding a party. However, for small amounts, the costs are more or less the same.
Keg beer was once brewed and sold in casks when most homes had cellars. A kegerator is a modern-day version of the same, allowing you to get a crisp chilled beer anytime you want one. Just get one of these handpicked keg beer refrigerators, and your friends will forever love you for it.