**Articles may contain links that I earn compensation for if clicked and you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings do not actually impact the price of the product or service.
Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Mini TowerAir Purifier for Small Spaces, White Full Review
Air purifiers are great at filtering dust, smoke, and other pollutant particles.
Those with allergies or asthma who want to breathe properly should purchase a Holmes air purifier to remove these irritants.
Nowadays, people are more conscious about their health and do their research for the best products to buy.
Allergy season riddles many people with sneezing, stuffy noses, and other symptoms.
Air purifiers with pre-filters help stop the spread of the allergy-triggering particles.
You can choose your air purifier according to the size of your room. Depending on your needs, you can even benefit from buying the mini-tower purifier: its clean air delivery rate is efficient, thanks to the HEPA filter.
The pollutants you most want to remove are VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from adhesives, paint, cleaning products, and other types of gaseous contaminants.
Some portable models with carbon pre-filters help cleanse the air of VOCs, but for gaseous pollutants, carbon filters must be replaced often —every 3 to 6 months.
How does it work, and which particles does it remove?
This tower purifier uses HEPA technology: its mini-fiber sheet is folded into pleats to increase the filter life and its surface area.
Air flows through the mini-fibers while large particles get trapped. Depending on its size, HEPA filters pollutants such as pet dander, dust mites, pollen, and other particulates, such as::
Much like VOCs, they are small and difficult to remove from the air. HEPA based products help to remedy this. Some viruses resilient, so it is hard to cleanse them from the air. The HEPA filter provides a fantastic clean air delivery rate, eliminating such particles from the air passing through it. To effectively rid the air of viruses, make sure to invest in the best ionizer with a verified purchase.
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are chemicals that emit from building materials or products commonly found in the household.
It also comes from cleaning and beauty products. VOCs may be a cause for concern over your health.
HEPA technology is unable to remove VOCs, but it does break them down into smaller sizes to trap them in its filtration system.
Bacteria, on the other hand, are large and also difficult to remove. They release end toxins into the air stream when they die on surfaces throughout the home. End toxins can cause inflammatory and atopic responses in asthmatics, and even in non-asthmatics.
HEPA filter towers can catch mold, but if its particles are large enough, it can stay alive on the filter’s surface. Particles filling the filter may start acting as nutrients to mold spores, allowing them to grow in the filter’s membrane, and send new spores into the air. You have to change the filter regularly because it collects pathogens and live organisms, which will eventually be released into the air.
Use and Application
There are many applications for air purifiers, but you can focus on your particular needs.
Ultra-fine particle filtration
Many airborne particles are smaller than 0.1 microns—even smaller than a grain of table salt. Many purifiers towers are tested to filter particles down to 0.1 microns in size.
The study tells that ultra-fine-sized airborne particles are most harmful to a person’s health, as they can increase the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Gas and Chemical filtration
Most purifiers don’t contain an effective gas or chemical filtration system; they are made to remove household odors from the air.
The most common reason anyone purchases an air purifier is to remove odor from their house.
Purifiers are not tested for gas or chemical filtration, as this type of technology lowers airflow. Air purifiers designed to filter gas and chemicals have lower levels of performance.
Precaution to maintain clean air
There are many precautions to consider for clean air:
- You have to take care of your pets’ hygiene and keep them out of the bedroom.
- Vacuum your house often.
- Minimize the use of candles, wood-burning fires, and air fresheners.
- Open windows and doors whenever possible.
- Smoke outside of your home; don’t do it in your home!
- Remove the dust mites from anything fibrous, such as furniture and carpets.
- Use the mite-proof and covered mattress.
- Cut down on vacuuming and dusting the room, and instead remove pollutants too small to see with an air purifier.
- Wash your clothes with warm water if possible.
- For those sensitive to allergens, clean your mattress and pillowcases often.
- Use the exhaust fan in the bathroom, as well as in the kitchen and laundry room. Make sure that they are venting, because they can pass polluted air throughout the house. Proper venting can help eject excessive moisture, gases, and odors from the house. It can also prevent buildup of allergens and mold.
- Don’t store chemicals, solvents, and pesticides in your home.
- Test your home’s air for harmful gas.
- Safely maintain heating equipment, wood stoves, chimneys, and fireplaces by placing carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Don’t run fuel-burning equipment near your home, and do not use a grill inside.
- If you don’t live near a major source of pollution, you can change the air quality in your home with an air freshener that traps pollutants and contaminants. The True HEPA filter removes dander and smoke, and then some in conjunction with an ionizer.
Pros & cons
- It’s affordable and provides clean, fresh air.
- Helps remove harmful microparticles.
- Easy to purchase and to move wherever it’s needed.
- Removes humidity to make the air fresh.
- Though tt is designed for a small room, it is also effective for average-sized rooms.
- It neutralizes smoke.
- It supports healthy lungs.
- It is easy to handle and can fit anywhere.
- It removes unpleasant odors.
- Sometimes it produces more ozone, and which can affect your lungs.
- You have to change the filter regularly. Replacement filters with multiple speed settings are available.
- You should only use this product in a closed area such as your home or office.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are Holmes air purifiers good?
The Holmes mini-tower air purifier is the best choice to get rid of pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and smoke. The air delivery rate of the Holmes air purifier is tough to beat. It will allow you to experience air cleaner.
2. Do ionizers really clean the air?
The air ionizer is the best for providing relief from odor. It also helps to get rid of pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and smoke. Look for the Holmes mini-tower air purifier that comes with an optional ionizer to capture irritants in the air.
3. What is the best small air purifier?
The Holmes mini-tower is the best small air purifier. The True HEPA mini-filter captures particles as small as 2 microns in size.
4. What is the best air purifier for dust mites?
The tower air purifier with HEPA filters is perfect for dust elimination! It captures particles as small as 2 microns in size.