**Articles may contain links that I earn compensation for if clicked and you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings do not actually impact the price of the product or service.
Have you ever wondered how those excellent big tables are made? How about the wall unit or the cabinets in your kitchen? Or perhaps the bird feeder you just bought! Many would think of a saw, some wood, and a carpenter were all part of the mix, but the specifications might elude them.
In the production of a masterpiece, you need the right equipment. In woodwork especially, the sophistication of your table saw helps you to get clean cuts and well-designed pieces of furniture. Today, we will look at the DEWALT DWE7491RS Table Saw features, components, pros, cons, and understand what it has to offer. Specially designed for contractors with large projects, you can also use this saw for regular home woodworking.
So without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Table of Contents
Components of the DEWALT DWE7491RS table saw
- The rip fence – A bar on a table saw that functions to protect you from the moving blade.
- The miter gauge– An adjustable part that moves as you pass your piece past the blade when cutting specific angles such as corners and smooth edges.
- The level system- The mechanism of the DEWALT saw that allows you to tilt and bend the blade when making bevel cuts. A bevel cut is an angled cut along the edge of a wood board.
- The riving knife- The part of the saw that prevents the workpiece from pinching the blade. It helps to maintain the movement of the piece going forward instead of backward, which is a hazard.
- The anti-kickback pawls are the metal arms that have teeth that grab a wooden piece if it malfunctions and kicks back to the operator.
- The table saw blade guard. Just as the name suggests, it is a guard against dust and debris. As you cut the wood, the two materials violently get sent into the air, and the blade guard gets in the way blocking the pieces from reaching you as the operator. It also protects you from getting into accidental contact with the blade, which can be very disastrous.
With that out of the way, let’s take a look at the features of the DEWALT table Saw.
Features of the DEWALT table saw
The DEWALT table saw has the following features.
- It has a patented part to support the material that you can use for constricted rip cuts. These are the cuts that divide a piece of wood parallel to the grain.
- It has a pinion telescope fence system and a rack that allows you to make quick, smooth, and precise adjustments. With this system, you get more precise cuts as per the measurements set.
- The machine has a rip capacity of 32- ½ inches that allows you to easily cut an assortment of large shelves and trim smaller materials.
- The machine also has ample on-top-of-the-table storage system that provides a secure place to store the fence, push stick, riving knife, the wrapped cord, miter gauge, and most importantly, the blade guard assembly when you are not using the saw.
- It has a rolling table saw stand design with excellent stability that makes it easy to set up the machine.
- The telescoping system has rails that retract to form a small movable package, making it easy for you to move safely from place to place.
- You can flip the fence rip over to help you achieve fine rip cuts even from the thinnest of boards.
- The machinery has a high power output of 15AMP that makes it easy, ripping through boards with ease. You do not have to use a lot of energy to get a piece cut.
- This 10 table machine has a 2-½ inch dust collection where you can fix a vacuum. This ensures that you have a clean working station after a work session.
- At 90 degrees, it can achieve a 3-⅛ inch depth cut and at 45 degrees a 2-¼ inch cut.
- The spacious 21-⅞ by 26- ⅜ inches table provides you with better material support.
- It has an on/off switch with a safety cover. You have to lift the cover before you set the machine in motion. The switch has a bump pad that makes it easy for you to switch the device off.
Pros of the DEWALT DWE7491RS table saw
The rolling table saw stand design that offers you stability makes it a safe option for working on a large and dense board. No one wants to be working on a table saw that doesn’t stay upright or is wobbling where an accident is larking. Hence the stability bit of the machine makes it very safe to use.
With the flip over fence, you can cut your pieces without interfering with the blade guard. Without this, you a forced to remove the blade guard. Therefore, the fence gives you more versatility where you can work with both wide and narrow boards. Consequently, you get to do a lot in a short amount of time.
Extra storage space
The DEWALT saw unit comes with an accessory storage port that makes it convenient when it comes to storing its parts. With other machines, you would have to look for a spot to store the removable parts, but with this model, there is no need to worry. The wrench, riving knife, anti-kickback knives, and the miter gauge have dedicated storage space for the blade guard, which is very convenient.
Working with wood can be messy. You have to pick up the pieces and sweep the dust after finishing the work. But that is not the case with the DEWALT DWE7491RS Table Saw as it has a dust collection space. It gives you clean cuts and a clean working environment.
Exceptional cut capacity
Contractors working on a job site need a powerful table machine, and the DEWALT DWE7491RS is right up that alley. The saw has a rip capacity of 32-½ inch to the right of the blade, which is impressive and can get a lot of work done on-site.
Mobile roller stand
When working with a table saw, you want to have an easy time setting it up and putting it away. And the mobile roller stand makes both of these actions easy for you with the DEWALT table saw. The saw is about 90lbs, which can be cumbersome for one person to carry; hence the rolling stand makes it convenient for a single person.
Cons of the DEWALT table saw
Breakable plastic parts
There are a few parts on the saw fence that are made of plastic. These parts are likely to break when cold or on impact. This is a concern as getting replacements to those parts may be a bit tricky. And working without them is a significant risk.
The dust collector could use an upgrade
The dust collector is good, but a minor upgrade of having a splitter and hose package could make the feature more efficient.
It seems like a small issue that several people have brought forward, but it can be very influential on the accuracy of the blade. Several past clients have aired this out as one of the machine’s downside, although it seems like a manufacturing fault, and sometimes the damage could be a result of an accident while the engine was in transit.
How to care for your DEWALT DWE7491RS table saw
If you want your DEWALT table saw to serve you better ad longer, it’s good to give it the proper maintenance. Here is how you should take care of the table saw.
- Clean out all the sawdust that has accumulated in all the unreachable parts. You can use a stiff brush on the reachable corners and use a blower for the more hidden spots.
- Using a drying spraying lubricant frequently lubricates the gears and the pivot points to avoid wear and tear due to friction.
- Clean the tabletop using an oil lubricant and fine steel wool to get rid of the resin and gum build-up. After that, polish the rip fence and the front fence guide with automotive wax. A clean surface ensures a smoother flow of operations.
- For the plastic parts, uses a mild dishwashing detergent mixed with warm water to wipe off the sawdust and other dirt.
- Make sure you align the movable parts before working on a piece.
- If something breaks, cracks, or is loose, make sure you fix it as fast as possible to avoid accidents while working with the table saw.
The DEWALT table saw will make your woodworking easier
The DEWALT DWE7491RS Table Saw is a one of the best table saws available. It is a machine that offers newbies and veterans excellent service. You can make numerous things like bookshelves, bread trays, cabinet doors, and so much more. But beware, while working on this and any other table saw, make sure you have the right safety gear on such as overall, heavy-duty gloves, and goggles.