**Articles may contain links that I earn compensation for if clicked and you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings do not actually impact the price of the product or service.
A table saw is one of the most important tools you can have in your woodworking shed. Many consider it to be the workhorse of the woodshop because of its high-level versatility and production capabilities. It doesn’t matter if you want to rip, miter-cut, cross-cut, square, dado, rabbet, saw, or even put intricate shapes into a project, the table saw can best handle it all.
Whether a table saw is important is an easy question though, the tough question is how you can find the best table saw under $500. If you’re looking to buy on a budget, but you don’t want to skimp on performance, you’ve come to the right place. Here we will go through our top four best table saws that will still give you quality and precise cuts on a budget, and tell you which one is the cream of the crop.
To be sure you get the right table saw under $500 for you, we’ve also put together an informative list of factors to consider when you’re out looking for a quality, but an affordable table saw. Using a table saw is not something to be taken lightly either, it’s a very powerful piece of machinery, so we’ll give you all the safety tips you need to get sawing with your new, high-quality and affordable table saw.
|SKILSAW 10 In. Worm Drive Table Saw wi||Prime||Check Price|
|Delta 36-6023 10 Inch Table Saw with 32.5 Inch Rip Capacity||Prime||Check Price|
|Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw (Renewed)||Prime||Check Price|
Our Top Pick Best Table Saw Under $500
Buying a table saw is no small thing, so it’s important to carefully consider all of the many contributing factors before pulling the trigger on a purchase. This process gets even harder when you start considering the financial aspect. To help you along this road, we’ve done our research and amassed a list of the best table saws on the market today that won’t cost under $500.
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
Product Quality & Technical Specification:
When it comes to affordable table saws, it doesn’t get much better than this offering from SKILSAW. The SPT70WT-01 10-inch Portable Worm Drive Table Saw isn’t just affordable, it’s got impressive specs on it as well. Specs that would make you think you might be paying twice as much as what it really costs.
It’s got the power and feel that you get from a hand-held worm drive saw with the heft and power of a table saw. This Worm Drive table saw, which is the first of its kind in the world, according to SKILSAW, is designed to really excel with ripping. The company’s legendary Worm Drive gearing gives you all the torque and power you need for ripping through materials getting you bogged down.
This unique table saw also has a 15-amp Dual-Field Motor that’s top of its class. This motor design both powers and keeps the motor nice and cool through continuous cuts. The cooling effect not only keeps the motor running well but also factors heavily into the longevity of this motor.
This table saw will rip full sheets of plywood up as well as up to 4x material thanks to the saw’s 25-inch rip capacity, which is complemented nicely by a 3.5-inch depth of cut. Though this table saw boasts some impressive strength stats, it doesn’t lack in accuracy either, making cuts with a self-aligning rip fence. It’s also exceedingly easy to adjust the bevel, which goes from -1 degree to 46 degrees for true cutting.
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw Features
- Comes with a toothed, 24 teeth to be exact, Carbide-tipped blade for ripping, as well as a miter gauge, self-aligning fence, and a guard system that has an anti-kickback device, an insert plate, and a push stick.
- Worm drive gearing paired with 25-inch rip capacity and 3.5-inch depth of cut means this table saw was built to be the ultimate ripping device.
- First and only table saw with worm drive that also has a motor as strong as the 15-amp one on this table saw, not to mention a no-load RPM of 5,300.
- As durable as they come, this table saw was constructed with an all-steel roll cage, a die-cast aluminum top, and mechanisms for raising and lowering the blade that is made to withstand extreme temperatures without breaking down.
- Weighing in at only 49 pounds, this table saw is lightweight and features a rubberized padded handle so you can carry it to whatever job site you may be at and still have a free hand.
- Thanks to ingenious construction, this table saw is capable of on-tool storage, so your rip fence and other saw accessories can be neatly tucked into place.
- Connecting the table saw to a vacuum through the back-port for sawdust cleanup while working is simple and quick.
Rousseau 2790 Table Saw Stand For Larger Portable Saw
Product Quality & Technical Specification:
The next product on our list is a handy one from Rousseau, the 2790 Table Saw Stand For Larger Portable Saw. It can be used with a bevy of different large table saw options, including the Dewalt DWE 7490, the 4100 and GTS1041A from Bosch, the Makita 2705, the Rigid R4513, and the SawStop JSS, among others.
This option also gives you increased rip capacity, with this machine ripping up to 27 inches. It also comes with a T-style locking fence as well as a self-adhesive tape measure to help boost the accuracy of your cuts.
The micro-adjust assembly also helps you get rapid and pinpoint saw positioning and sits you at a comfortable work height of 34.5 inches with HPL, so there’s no unneeded straining on your back.
This piece of machinery was built not only for efficiency in using your table saw but for longevity as well. That’s why Rousseau slapped professional laminate on both sides of the top and built their machine with powder-coated steel.
The fence system that comes included with this table saw stand is truly the heart of the whole device. It’s constructed with two-inch tubular steel, a 14-inch ‘T’ with a secure cam-locking system, and an adjustable hairline indicator. The four set screws align the fence with the blade and the tabletop for an ideal cutting environment.
Rousseau 2790 Table Saw Stand For Larger Portable Saw Features
- Can work with a multitude of different brands of large table saws.
- Work height is set at a comfortable spot, 34.5 inches, so you won’t be leaning over your work unnecessarily.
- Has a bigger rip capacity than ever before, allowing for 27 inches.
- Built to last with a double-coat of laminate and powder-coated steel construction.
- You know your accuracy won’t be better than when you’re using this Rousseau product thanks to its self-adhesive tape measure, a T-style locking fence, and a micro-adjust assembly.
Delta 36-6023 10-Inch Table Saw with Portable 32.5-Inch Rip Capacity
Product Quality & Technical Specification:
One of the biggest names in carpentry tools for the past century has been Delta, and all of that experience has added up to some really high-quality, yet affordable, woodworking tools. One of these is their 36-6023 10-Inch Table Saw with 32.5-Inch Rip Capacity.
This table saw was designed with the professional craftsman in mind, though craftsmen of all skill levels would be lucky to have this machine in their shed or shop. This product from Delta is powered by a 15-amp motor that maximizes everything you want out of a table saw from precision to durability and mobility.
Precision is maximized by the heavy-duty one-piece rail system as well as a brand-new fence system design that boosts your accuracy every time. That fence system uses a special design that lets you cut very narrow pieces of stock. The saw has an impressive 32.5-inch rip capacity with a cut that goes 3.5 inches deep at 90 degrees and another that goes 2.5 inches deep at 45 degrees.
To help you keep your work area clean and sanitary, Delta also included a 2.5-inch dust collection port that connects very easily to a vacuum. Not only will it get the job done, but it will get done efficiently.
As mentioned earlier, anyone can use this table saw, but a true wood warrior or professional craftsman will really appreciate it. It’s built with quality material, and its longevity should not be questioned, with Delta throwing a full five-year warranty on these table saws.
Stability is a crucial component when it comes to making precise cuts with a table saw, so of course, this offering from Delta has that in spades. The 36-6023 has a 559 square inch table surface as well as a tube steel frame to make your table saw stable and sturdy. It’s Delta’s patented one-step folding stand that truly makes this table saw secure, however.
Delta 36-6023 10-Inch Table Saw With 32.5-Inch Rip Capacity Features
- Features a rack as well as pinion fence rails that render all of your future fence adjustments as fast, smooth, and accurate as possible.
- The fence rails use three quick adjustment tabs that will allow you to relocate the fence with ease while also making sure the blade and fence are parallel, which ensures true and consistent cuts.
- Top of the line security and stability thanks to Delta’s patented one-step folding stand.
- Runs on a strong 15-amp motor and also features a whopping 32.5-inch rip capacity.
- Equipped with a handy 2.5-inch dust collection port that makes the cleanup, usually the worst part of the job, an easy breeze.
Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
Product Quality & Technical Specification:
The fourth and final large table saw that costs less than $500 is a high-quality piece from the good people at Bosch. The table saw in question is their 4100-RT 10-Inch model, which we believe to be one of the most impressive affordable table saws available out on the market today.
This tool can not only provide you with impressive rip capacity, but it offers high-end portability as well. The portability stems from this 75-pounder’s built-in carrying handles, which make carrying this heavy load a lot easier than it could be.
The strong 15-amp saw can deliver 4.0 max HP for out of this world productivity. On top of that, it features soft-start circuitry, which allows for a quick and smooth ramp-up to operating speed. This helps to manage the intensity of motor start-up as well as minimize the chances that you might trip a circuit breaker.
The soft-start circuitry also includes Constant Response technology, which allows you to maintain speed, under load, and overload protection. A SquareLock rip fence was constructed to give you the truest cuts around as well as a much easier user experience. The fence can simply glide along the rail when you’re operating it one-handed.
This table saw also comes equipped with a Smart Guard System, which is the very first modular table saw blade guard. On top of its trailblazing ways, the system also features a three-position riving knife that you can adjust as you see fit, anti-kickback pawls, and a non-obstructed-view guard assembly.
Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw Features
- Has a large square tabletop that measures 29 inches by 21.5 inches.
- Boasts a 25-inch rip capacity that allows you to get a plethora of jobs done.
- Has a solid one-year warranty, though these saws are of the utmost quality and do not often require replacements or maintenance.
- Single point bevel movement and a better miter system that includes t-slots also help achieve top-notch precision on all of your cuts.
- The sub-base is extremely durable and can handle tons of job-site abuse, which drastically improves the tool’s life.
- Integrated carry handles that allow you to transport this table saw to multiple different job sites.
Things To Consider When Buying A Table Saw Under $500
Finding yourself a table-saw for under $500 with top-of-the-line qualities is a tough task to achieve… Without proper assistance. We’ve already done the dirty work to dig out the best bargains across the enormous worldwide web: we’ve provided you with four amazing table saws that are all as cost-effective as they are effective.
There are many things you must consider before going out and making a purchase because while they don’t cost more than $500, table saws are never cheap, and even our affordable options are investments in and of themselves. To that end, we’ve put together a list of all of the most important considerations you should be taking on your affordable table saw buying journey.
Cutting Power & Motor
When it comes to table saws, motors are one of the most crucial components. The motor drives the table saw with the power it generates, which in turn determines the applications for which you can use your table saw. The revolutions per minute, or RPM, of the motor, is one of the most important specifications to consider when buying a table saw, but the same could really be true of any device that relies on a motor.
When a strong motor is paired with the impressive rip-cutting capacity that table saws are known for, it allows for these machines to cut through things as tough even as hardwoods. If you see a saw while you’re out shopping whose motor isn’t at least 15 amps, then you should probably move on to the next option.
Making the work of woodworking as easy on you as possible is the name of the game, so a user-friendly sawing experience should always be a big consideration. Make sure to inspect and check out all the separate features on the prospective table saws you’re looking at so that you know whether you think you’ll be able to decipher them or not.
The point of tools is to make the job easier on whoever’s using that tool, so a beginner level carpenter buying a sophisticated table saw that they can’t figure out how to use is not doing anybody any favors. The more sophisticated and complicated saws should be left to the experts, while the more user-friendly ones can go to a less informed weekend warrior-type carpenter.
When out buying tools and machinery for your woodshop or work shed, that shop or shed should always be at the top of your mind. Will this fit inside my shop? How will it work alongside my other large machinery? Can I even fit it through my shed’s door? If you’ve already signed off on a table saw, and the answer to that last one is no, you’re in for a big disappointment.
Being aware of the measurements of both your shop as well as all of your prospective tools is important so that you can always avoid an occurrence of this nature.
It should go without saying that a table saw is a very dangerous tool so it should always be handled with care. A table saw uses an electric motor to turn its blade, so it can do some pretty serious damage. This is why you need to consider all of the safety features offered by each table saw seriously.
Since we’re talking about the best table saws for under $500 here, we would expect that you probably have a budget in mind. Having a budget when buying something big and expensive like a table saw is important so that you don’t get entranced by the nice features some of the more expensive options will have. Knowing your budget helps you make the right decision about which table saw is going to work best for you and your situation.
Table Saw Safety Tips
We mentioned safety in passing during the last section, but with a high-powered piece of machinery like a table saw, it won’t do to gloss over something that important. These tips will not only help you pick out the proper table saw, but also help you stay safe once you start operating it as well.
- Always ensure that you’re wearing the proper protective clothing and accessories when operating a table saw. This means getting your ears, eyes, and hands covered while also avoiding any baggy clothes or chains that could get caught in the saw.
- Ensure your safety features are working by testing them before starting your table saw up.
- If you need to make some internal adjustments, always be sure to disconnect your table saw from its power source first. This way you can avoid accidentally restarting the table saw while making your adjustments.
- Allow your blade to rotate freely and get up to maximum RPM before you begin placing wood pieces.
- Make sure your blade is at a complete standstill before attempting to make any adjustments.
- Ensure you have all the accessories you need for your table saw to work correctly.
- Avoid free-hand cutting and only use the fence or miter gauges separately, never at the same time.
- Always employ a push device when cutting short boards or narrow pieces so that your fingers don’t get caught by the saw when feeding stock. Table saws sometimes include push devices, but sometimes you need to buy separately.
- Give all your materials a thorough once-over to remove any foreign objects such as nails or staples before you engage your blade. This will protect your blade but also prevent your table from giving you kickbacks.
Who says you have to shell out a fortune to trick your woodshop out with a high-end table saw capable of cutting through as much material as needed with pinpoint accuracy? Here, we’ve given you four wonderful table saw options that cost less than $500 but don’t skimp any on quality. These four saws can make any cut you want, boast impressive ripping capabilities, and have systems and technology in place to ensure that every cut you make is accurate and true.
However, while we love all four, the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10-Inch Portable Worm Drive Table Saw simply stands head and shoulders above the rest because of its unique combination of worm drive, power, accuracy, and portability. If you found this guide to the best table saws for under $500 at all helpful, we encourage you to share it with your woodworking friends and family so they can get in on the savings too!